We are in the last quarter of the year! The leaves are changing color, the air is getting a little crisper and it is the home stretch in hitting your career goals for the year.
Are you on track?
Some people think that this is a time to sit back and relax through the holidays, but it is really an opportunity to give it your all and really strive to hit the goals you set for yourself.
Here are 5 ways you can reassess and get back on track if you work for an organization:
- Remember those goals set in January? What’s on track? What’s not? Put together a game plan to finish strong by year end.
- What’s been working well this year? Unexpected Successes? What’s not working? What do you need to say “No” to?
- Take the down time that you do have over holiday breaks to sit down and really focus on what you want to accomplish in your career in the coming year so you can start 2023 strong.
- Are you networking internally??? Holiday events may be a great time to meet and greet those in other areas at company events. Also, be on the lookout for volunteer opportunities.
- How does your desk look? What about that inbox? Use the last quarter to organize and declutter your office, files and emails.
Here are 5 ways you can reassess and get back on track if you are an entrepreneur:
- Put together a marketing plan for the rest of the year.
- Look at your products and services…Are there any that you are going to discontinue in the coming year? If so, take the opportunity to discount those and sell them out.
- Take the down time that you do have over holiday breaks to sit down and really focus on what you want to accomplish in your business in the new year so you can start 2023 strong.
- Network! This can be done any time of the year and is a great way to get yourself in front of those people that you want to work with.
- Review your files, make sure everything is up to date, keep what you need, get rid of the things that you don’t need and are just cluttering up your work area.
By starting with these tips, you will be powering up so that you can take on any new projects or clients. You will also be prepared for January when you get an onslaught of new assignments or new clients that were “waiting until after the holidays” and are now revving to go!