You have worked hard in your job search and you finally have the interview setup for your dream job. Now there are some tough questions that you need to get through without breaking a sweat.
Are you ready to know what they are and how to answer?
- Tell me about yourself – To answer this question you want to make sure you have a well thought out response. Don’t ramble, don’t tell them everything from your childhood on. Rather, you want to be clear on what led you to wanting this career and why you want it.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? – Be clear on how you want to progress in your career so that you know where you would like to be (and will be happy) in 5 years time.
- What are your weaknesses? – Is this a trick question? Yes and No. Saying you have none isn’t true. We all do. Be honest about what your weakness is but also tell the interviewer what you have done to improve that weakness. How have you turned that weakness into a learned or developed strength?
- Why do you want to change jobs? – Don’t be afraid of this question. If you lost your passion for your previous career you should tell them that.
- What questions do you have for me? – Have some questions ready for this part of the interview. Don’t be afraid to get answers to your questions so you are completely clear on what the job will entail if you do get it. Yes it is important that they hire the right person. It’ just as important that you take the right job. Do your due diligence!
Hope this helps you to have some peace when you are going into your next interview!
If you would like some assistance in preparing just reach out to me and we can get a time set up to chat!