Do you ever feel like you just don’t know what way to go? I don’t just mean when you are driving to a destination but in life as well.
Maybe you have an opportunity presented to you and you don’t know if you should take it.
Maybe you have a hard choice to make and you can’t predict what the future will look like so you don’t know what to do.
Maybe you feel overwhelmed.
Anytime this “confused” direction happens, it’s time to be still and look to God. One of my favorite scriptures is “Be Still and Know that I am God.” ~Psalm 46:10
We live in a world of busyness. Especially this time of year. So, how do we do that? It requires several things including…
- Stop and quiet your mind. Plan a time of stillness. It’s hard to do. Start with 30 seconds or 1 minute.
- Take some deep breaths in through your mouth and out through your nose.
- If worry starts creeping in just whoosh it away in your mind.
- Pray for inner concentration. Ask God to speak to you. Praise Him for doing so.
- Quote the scripture to yourself in sections… Be Still… and Know… that I am… God!
It is a process. Stay the course and don’t give up. It will become easier over time and you will be blessed by this concentrated time with God.
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!